Wednesday, September 11th

Today we read the story "The Feel Good Book" by Todd Parr. Then we had our first "Think-Pair-Share" where students were invited to share the things that make them feel good with two friends. Next, we brought students back as a whole group and we listened to their many great responses! Check out some of the AWESOME answers we heard from our thoughtful kiddos!




What Makes Me Feel Good?

going to school
going to the zoo
dancing and singing
saying "I Love You"
being with Miss Schafer
my teachers
kissing Mom & Dad
when I play with someone
my family and my brother hugging and kissing me at night
making friends
hugging my brother
having a picnic with friends
my fish tank and petting my dogs
hugging my teddy bear
going on trips to places like Mexico 
reading a story with my sister

Miss Aebli's class had music and gym this morning. It was their first time having music! See if your child can remember the music teacher's name (hint: Mrs. Fatica) and ask them what they did! Miss Schafer's AM class explored centres. Miss Schafer's PM class practiced a fire drill with the whole school. Ask your child what their job is during a fire drill. The PM class also had gym.

At the end of the day, we read the story "When Sophie Feels Really, Really Angry". We talked about how feeling angry is the opposite of feeling good, and what we can do when we feel this way. In the story, Sophie runs out to her backyard and nature helps her to feel calm again. 


We talked about how in Kindergarten, we are not allowed to run away or leave the room, and so we thought about other ways we can help stop our anger from getting too big. Some great ideas that students suggested to help stay calm were to "give a hug" "say sorry" "say I Love You" or "be alone". 

After this chat, we introduced students to our "Quiet Corners". These are spaces in our classrooms where students are invited to visit if they feel sad or angry and need a short amount of time alone to re-set. Check out our Quiet Corners below!





Comments

Popular Posts