Monday, February 10th

Happy Monday - this will be a short but full week! ☺

Our letter of the day today was M - and we started the day with a lot of activities that start with this letter! We had our usual MORNING MEETING, then did a quick guided MEDITATION as our MINDFUL MONDAY activity, before talking more about the letter M. Ask your child what sound M makes. What words start with this letter?


Next, students printed the letter M in their journals - their printing is getting better and better with each letter we do! Then we read the story, "The Best Part of Me". We learned that ME starts with M. This book includes contributions from students around the world describing the best part of themselves. Our students listened to the book and then shared their own answer for "What is the best part of ME"? Check out some of their great responses below! 



Image result for the best part of me book

The best part of me is my HEAD because it holds my brain and keeps me strong!

The best part of me is my long HAIR because I can do a ponytail with it!

The best part of me is my HEART because all the people I love are inside!

The best part of me is MY WHOLE BODY! My arms help me be strong and climb, my legs help me run, and my heart is good.

The best part of me are my FEET because I can play soccer with them! 

The best part of me is my BONES because they hold my whole body together! 

The best part of me is my NOSE because I can breathe and smell with it! 

Miss Aebli's AM class went to gym today. We played tag games and practiced throwing a bounce pass. Mrs. G's class had centre time. There is a new and exciting centre - ask your child what it is! The PM group had gym with Mrs. O in the afternoon. 

REMINDERS:  

Wednesday will be our friendship celebration! Students are welcome to bring in Valentines or a treat to share with their classmates. Please check the note that went home earlier this month for more information/class numbers!

Just a gentle reminder that if your child is sick it is best to keep them at home. Between all three kinder classes there are about 60 little bodies that occupy our space in one day...that's a lot of germs! There have been many students away due to illness (cold & flu) in recent weeks, and it is better for everyone if those germs are kept out of the classroom (at least as much as possible)! Thank you for your understanding!  

Comments

Popular Posts